Welcome To The Ilderton Curling Club
Home of Champions
Registration Now Open!
Hello Ilderton Curling Club Members!
On behalf of the Board of Directors, I am very happy to welcome you back to the Ilderton Curling Club for what we hope will be a memorable 2021-22 season. Last season’s break due to the pandemic provided the Board an opportunity to discuss the many great things about our club. We have also worked to make a few adjustments that are intended to provide a positive member experience and position our club for great success in the years to come.
We are excited to launch our new registration system – powered by Curling I/O! All you need is an active email address and you’re ready to register! Curling I/O doesn’t use passwords, because passwords are the primary cause of most data breaches on the internet. You’ll never have to remember a password with the new system. This means your personal information is more secure with us than other registration systems.
Many of your favourite leagues are back. But, we’ve also made some exciting league adjustments!
OUR NEW LEAGUES:
- WEDNEDSAY DAYTIME OPEN DOUBLES (1:30pm Draw): To celebrate another Olympic year, we are pleased to offer a daytime slot for the Doubles format. Open to all curlers. Stick curlers welcome!
- FRIDAY NIGHT SOCIAL (5:30 & 7pm Draws): It’s ICC’s Friday Night’s Mixed Social League reimagined and it is now called OPEN SOCIAL. For those who have curled in this league for years, expect many of the things you love – dinner draw and prize nights are here to stay! But, this year, there will be so much more! While we encourage a minimum of one woman on each team, this league allows people to enter a 4-person team, as a couple, or as a single. For those interested, new teams can be created at the beginning of each draw, but teams can also curl together for the season in this fun league. And the most exciting part! Join us in the lounge before or after your 6-end game to round out your Friday night fun! Music, specials, and so much more. It’s ICC reimagined!
- SUNDAY NIGHT MEMBER & GUEST DROP IN (7pm): Let’s introduce our great club to our friends. This weekly social drop in provides an opportunity for non-members to test drive our club for a single play fee. We’ll make up teams each Sunday night and encourage everyone to pop into the lounge for a friendly drink. More information to follow throughout the season.
- SKIP’S CHOICE LEAGUES RENAMED: If you’re looking for the Skip’s Choice leagues, look no further than the Monday morning “Mixed Competitive” League at 9:00am and Friday evening “Mixed Competitive” League at 8:30pm. New names. Same league format.
SAME GREAT LEAGUES. NEW TIMES:
- Ladies Evening Social and Open Novice League have moved to Monday, sharing an 8pm timeslot.
- Men’s Evening Social continues on Monday at fixed time slot of 6pm.
- Ladies Evening Competitive shifts to Tuesday nights with rotation between 5:30/7:30/9:30pm.
- Daytime Senior Men’s will take place once again on Tuesday and Thursday at 1:30pm
- Daytime Open Competitive slides over to Friday at either 9 or 11:15am. Check the Leagues page on our website for complete details.
- Daytime Ladies Competitive will remain on Thursdays but will be at 9 or 11:15am.
We know you have questions about the return to curling this fall. It’s difficult to predict what the next few months may look like in terms of public health restrictions. Rest assured, Ilderton Curling Club is committed to a return to play environment that is both safe and enjoyable for all members.
It’s time! Registration for the 2021-22 season is now open! The deadline to register is September 30.
As per Colin’s previous message, payment for registration is currently being held off until September 20. We believe that by this date we will be able to reasonably make decisions based on operation of the ICC and the safety of its members. More details about submitting your registration payment will be sent closer to the payment date.
Click to Register: https://ilderton.curling.io/en/leagues
Have a great season everyone!
ICC Membership Director